Leading Catholic Independent girls’ school based in Marraytville in Adelaide, Loreto stands on the shoulders of the 400-year global tradition of the Loreto nuns to inspire and empower women through education. Our students consistently achieve strong academic results in an environment that balances academic rigour with a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities including, camps and retreats, international trips, music, performing arts, sport vocational training and STEM Club.
With a focus on student voice and independence, we recognise the need to equip our girls with skills for their post-school life. We concentrate on building leadership and confidence, a strong work ethic and the ability to take risks in safe environments.
Boarding at Loreto College
The College Boarding School is located on-campus and is well serviced by public transport and is only five minutes from Adelaide’s CBD and 30 minutes from Adelaide’s Domestic and International Airport.
Our Boarding staff are empathetic to the needs of girls and young women and our senior boarding students, led by our student Boarding leaders, ensure that younger and new students feel a sense of belonging.
To further support boarding students, we provide:
- Individual rooms for all girls.
- Academic support, including supervised study sessions by teachers and tutors.
- Access to gym and cardio facilities.
- Health and wellbeing programs including an on-site Clinical Psychologist.
- Head Chef who provides nutritious meals and caters for any specific dietary needs.
- An on-site Health Care Centre staffed by a Registered Nurse and weekly Doctor visits.
- A school environment that is conducive to high academic achievement through structured support.
Our Year 12 students consistently accomplish successful results including a high number of girls who achieve SACE Merits across a broad range of subjects. Likewise, in the Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR), Year 12 students achieve exceptional results with approximately fifty percent of girls performing in the top ten percent in South Australia. The ATAR provides access to universities across both Australia and internationally.
A strong culture of achievement extends to our students’ professional lives. We are proud to have recently educated two Rhodes Scholars, who are both contributing significantly in the field of Medicine and an Old Scholar who won the prestigious Schwarzman Scholarship.